You are required by the State to
Note: Staff will not be contacting your Veterinarian for the rabies vaccination certificate so please ensure that you have the proper documentation prior to submitting your application.
- The cost is $15.00 for spayed or neutered dogs
- The cost is $20.00 for intact dogs
- The cost is $11.00 for spayed or neutered puppy under 5 months (Puppies are dogs who become 5 months of age after July 1 of the license year.)
- The cost is $13.50 for
intactpuppy under 5 months(Puppies are dogs who become 5 months of age after July 1 of the license year.)
- The cost is $35.00 for the Dog Park
- The Cost is $17.00 Dog Park for
2ndand 3rd dog
Licensing And Payment Options:
1. In Person:
You will need the following items to obtain your dog license:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/receipt)
2. Via Mail:
For your convenience, you may obtain your license via mail with the attached dog license application. You will need to mail the following items to the City of Sun Prairie to obtain your dog license:
- Current Rabies Vaccination Certificate (not an invoice/ receipt)
- Dog License application
- Check payable to the City of Sun Prairie for the correct amount
Why License Your Dog:
Licensing your dog is a good way to show that you care for your pet. Dogs that are licensed are guaranteed to be free of rabies. That's great peace of mind for your family, and for people who come in contact with your dog.
Also, a license makes it easier to identify a stray pet. Did you know that licensed dogs are returned directly to the owner, while unlicensed dogs are sent to the Humane Society?
Finally, you should license your dog because it's the law.
When should you get a license?
New to the City/New Dog
- Within 30 days of obtaining your dog
- Within 30 days of moving into the city
- When the dog turns 5 months old and has received
A late fee of $5 is assessed if a dog license is not purchased within 30 days of moving into the city or obtaining your dog.
- By December 31 of each year
A late fee of $5 is assessed for dog license renewals not purchased prior to April 1st.